This simple, inexpensive 4 ingredient all natural DIY Bug Spray using Essential Oils will make your wallet and your skin happy.
There’s nothing better than being outdoors, particularly as the weather gets nicer. There’s nothing worse than not being able to enjoy those summer days and summer nights because of the array of bugs that are determined to bite every exposed part of your body. We’ve got you covered so you don’t have to suffer anymore. We’ve got an all natural DIY bug spray using essential oils that will get you through the summer without covering yourself in hard to pronounce, toxic chemicals. Once you try this, you’ll never use another bug repellent again.
Toxic Chemicals In Most Commercial Bug Sprays
Our skin is a living organism that actually breathes, so what we put on it will eventually go through our bloodstream. Traditional bug spray contains a group of manufactured synthetic additives known as DEET chemicals. While DEET chemicals are generally believed to be safe, there is also evidence that shows that some people have negative side effects so why take the risk?
Recipe For All Natural DIY Bug Spray Using Essential Oils
This is a simple, easy 4 ingredient recipe for the bug spray. You should have witch hazel and vegetable glycerin in your DIY Natural cabinet. Preferably, you’ll want to use glass bottles. If you are in a bind, BPA free plastic bottle will work as a temporary measure. Using glass prevents any toxic chemicals in plastic from seeping into whatever liquid the bottle is holding.
What You’ll Need:
• 3.5 oz All natural witch hazel (We recommend this brand of Witch Hazel)
• 3.5 oz boiled or distilled water
• 8 oz glass spray bottle (We love these glass spray bottles)
• 1 Tablespoon vegetable glycerin (We use Essential Depot Kosher Vegetable Glycerin)
• Essential oils (Use citronella and any one of these: lavender, mint, lemon, eucalyptus, rosemary, tea tree)
Instructions For All Natural DIY Bug Spray Using Essential Oils
- Pour 3.5 oz of distilled or boiled water into the glass spray bottle.
- Pour 3.5 oz of witch hazel into the glass spray bottle.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin to the spray.
- Add 15 drops of Citronella and 15 drops of the other essential oil you’ve chosen from the list above.
- Screw the cap and nozzle back on to the spray bottle and shake lightly.
Forget about mosquitoes and other biting fiends. This all natural DIY Bug Spray and repellent is going to be your go to all summer long to keep you happy and bite free!